ABSS-Applied Behavioral Sciences Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||IDDD - ID/DD|
|Description:||Job Function: |
Oversee clinical programming for adults with developmental disabilities
Under the supervision of the licensed psychologist, provides initial and annual psychological assessments on all program participants following the format established by the program and having the approval signature of the supervising licensed consulting psychologist.
• Under the supervision of the licensed psychologist, provides initial and annual psychological assessments on all program participants following the format established by the program and having the approval signature of the supervising licensed consulting psychologist.
• Manage a team of Behavior Specialists
• Develops outcomes, objectives and methods to address psychological problems or needs, and to maximize assets of the psychological problems or needs, and to maximize assets of the program participants for inclusion in the IPP, with approval of the consulting licensed psychologist, and in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
• Provides, or assures, psychological services occur on a regular basis to achieve IPP outcomes and objectives. Such services shall, at least:
• Develop new, or strengthen existing adaptive behaviors, and modify maladaptive behaviors to maximize intellectual, social and emotional development and functioning.
• Provide consultation to program participant's families and other team members
• Be provided directly with the program participants, and indirectly with other people who are concerned with the participant, particularly with the participant's place of residence.
• Provides in-service training and support to Day Services Program staff related to psychological services.
• Determines needs in collaboration with the consulting licensed psychologist, submits requests for equipment and supplies necessary to provide psychological services, and maintains an inventory of same.
• Submits needs and assets, recommendations and evaluations on each program participant prior to initial/annual reviews based on the assessment and observation.
• Attends/participates in all case reviews where a participant has a behavior problem/goal plan or condition based staff training.
• Develop new or strengthen existing adaptive behaviors, and modify maladaptive behaviors through written behavior management plans complying with participants rights and standards for stimulate free time-out room.
• Functions as an interdisciplinary team member and assures compliance with all applicable Day Treatment and Agency standards, policies and practices.
• Reviews outcome performance records on participants with a behavior goal or plan, condition-based staff training, or any active intervention during that month.
• Participates in design and implementation of the IPP
• Provides clinical supervision of Non-QMRP program staff members, when necessary.
• Participates in staff, clinical meetings; provides input to program evaluation and development.
• Meet weekly with supervising Licensed Psychologist for supervision and collaboration.
• Performs all other duties relevant to the position as requested or approved by the Program Director/designee.
• Masters in Psychology or related field
• 1 year experience with DD
• Management experience highly desireable
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.