Food Service Worker SSR
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None|
Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Supervisor and/or the relief Supervisor , Service Workers performs a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium, and heavy physical effort in cleaning assigned building areas and assisting in the maintenance of a clean, attractive and sanitary environment in the residence. Housekeeping/Food Service Workers also perform activities in food preparation, portioning and serving food to consumers and cleaning dishes, dining areas and food preparation areas as directed.
|Duties:||Essential Job Tasks|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the agency.
1. Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
2. Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions.
3. Using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside of buildings, etc.
4. Changes curtains and drapes.
5. Using manual and/or mechanical equipment, strips and vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets.
6. Using hand-operated equipment and detergents, scrubs and cleans all areas of lavatories, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
7. Using hand-dusting equipment, dusts assigned areas.
8. Using appropriate safety equipment such as rolling ladders and safety scaffolds, washes and/or dusts light fixtures and ceiling fans at high places such as ceilings.
9. Using designated equipment, polishes wood and metal fixtures and equipment.
10. May set up equipment in assigned areas, such as conference and meeting rooms.
11. Strips the wax from furniture; cleans and polishes furniture.
Food Service Tasks
12. Washes refrigerators and other equipment by hand or with pressure cleaning equipment using a variety of cleaning substances.
13. Cleans loading dock areas, garbage cans, storage areas, food preparation areas and general kitchen area including floors, ceilings and walls using mops, scrub brushes and other equipment as necessary.
14. Washes pots, pans and other utensils by hand and machine.
15. Receives and stores deliveries in appropriate storage areas.
16. Brings food and other supplies to preparation and serving areas as directed.
17. Cleans fruits, vegetables and potatoes in preparation for cooking as directed.
18. Cooks grill-type foods such as hamburgers, eggs, etc.
19. Serves food in the proper portions to residents.
20. Insures those residents on special diets receive proper food and portions.
21. Makes toast, coffee, tea and salads as necessary.
22. Records number of meals served.
23. Cleans dining room and service areas including furniture, woodwork, windows, floors and steam tables.
24. Washes dishes and serving utensils by machine and hand.
25. Inventories requisitions and stores supplies as necessary.
26. Other duties reasonably related to the job, as assigned.
|Qualifications:||MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent training and 1 year experience. Ability to read and write English. Must have food handlers certification.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.