Registered Nurse-Part Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||IDDD - RUGBY ROAD RESIDENCE|
|Description:||JOB SUMMARY: |
This position is scheduled for 20 hours per week.
This vacancy exists in the MRDD Program in an IRA setting.
A registered professional nurse is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health education/teaching, and health counseling; nurses provide interventions supportive to or restorative of life and well-being, and execute regimens prescribed by a physician, dentist or other licensed health care provider.
1. Based on a comprehensive review of the client’s overall condition, prepares, continually reviews and evaluates plans of nursing intervention to ensure that such interventions are consistent with the client’s comprehensive treatment plan. Ensures that plans of nursing intervention include consideration of the client’s cultural and ethnic background, customs, needs, beliefs, and primary language.
2. Develops nursing assessment to reflect holistic needs of each client with consideration of his/her psychological, physiological, social, ethnic, cultural educational and spiritual strengths and needs.
3. Oversees the direct implementation of nursing care to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with the plan of nursing intervention and overall treatment/service plan and to ascertain if the needs of the client require modification of the plan.
4. Participates at team meetings and provides nursing input on the development and
implementation of treatment/service plans.
5. Coordinates nursing care activities with other professional disciplines to ensure that the nursing plan is consistent with an integrated with the total treatment/service plan.
6. Provides information to other clinical staff on nursing standards of practice and procedures.
7. Provides advice and consultation on nursing related matters to other staff and administrators.
8. Provides health education/teaching for clients and their families.
9. Conducts counseling sessions, with direction as needed by other qualified professionals, according to principles of communication, human behavior and psychiatric nursing.
10. Participates in risk management and quality assurance concerning health related issues.
11. Participate in team and administrative meetings.
12. Manage medical supplies and equipment.
13. Provide emergency care.
14. Provide crisis intervention.
15. Access medications and observe and record effects and side effects.
16. Provide information and conduct lectures and group discussions on various health topics, such as: the effects and side effects of medications, well-being, coping skills, dealing with anxiety, anger, self-destructive behavior, manipulation, noncompliance, etc.
17. Give lectures and participate in community activities as a mental health advocate.
18. Participate in professional activities to improve personal skills and knowledge.
19. Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:|
1. Knowledge of professional nursing concepts, principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of concepts and principles from the biological sciences that are supportive of nursing practice.
3. Knowledge of concepts and principles of health promotion and disease prevention.
4. Knowledge of abnormal signs and symptoms relating to physical and mental illness, as well as indicators of wellness.
5. Knowledge of medications and drugs, common dosages, their psychological, physical and physiological effects and possible adverse reactions.
6. Knowledge of emergency treatments and interventions.
7. Knowledge of teaching and consulting techniques.
8. Knowledge of the Agency’s routines, procedures and policies.
9. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, and linguistic needs of clients relating to cultural competence.
10. Ability to recognize changes in signs and symptoms that warrant the immediate action of a physician.
11. Ability to develop, evaluate, implement and modify a plan of nursing intervention to meet the needs of individual clients.
12. Ability to secure the cooperation of and work effectively with others. Ability to prepare accurate and timely reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State; prefer at least one year post RN licensure clinical nursing experience working with individuals with mental disabilities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.