Food Service Worker (On Call)
|Employment Type:||On Call|
|Department:||MH - TILLARY STREET|
|Description:||POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None|
Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Supervisor and/or the relief Supervisor , Service Workers performs a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium, and heavy physical effort in cleaning assigned building areas and assisting in the maintenance of a clean, attractive and sanitary environment in the residence. Housekeeping/Food Service Workers also perform activities in food preparation, portioning and serving food to consumers and cleaning dishes, dining areas and food preparation areas as directed.
|Duties:||Essential Job Tasks|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the agency.
1. Washes refrigerators and other equipment by hand or with pressure cleaning equipment using a variety of cleaning substances.
2. Cleans loading dock areas, garbage cans, storage areas, food preparation areas and general kitchen area including floors, ceilings and walls using mops, scrub brushes and other equipment as necessary.
3. Washes pots, pans and other utensils by hand and machine.
4. Receives and stores deliveries in appropriate storage areas.
5. Rotates the food that is in storage.
6. Brings food and other supplies to preparation and serving areas as directed.
7. Cleans fruits, vegetables and potatoes in preparation for cooking as directed.
8. Cooks grill-type foods such as hamburgers, eggs, etc.
9. Serves food in the proper portions to residents.
10. Insures those residents on special diets receive proper food and portions.
11. Makes toast, coffee, tea and salads as necessary.
12. May record number of meals served.
13. Inventories requisitions and stores supplies as necessary.
14. Cleans dining room and service areas including furniture, woodwork, windows, floors and steam tables.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent training and experience. Ability to read and write English. Must be able to pass NYS Health Department requirements for food handlers.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of the properties of various cleaning substances.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and simple written instructions.
• Ability to stand, stoop, bend and stretch for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform medium to heavy manual labor.
• Ability to use various cleaning equipment and products.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds.
• Ability to work in a setting with individuals with mental illness.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.